Penna Powers, a full-service communication agency is seeking a Community Outreach Coordinator to assist with a highly visible public education campaign in Utah.
The position requires the ability to communicate well with large and small groups, multi-task, see assignments through from start to finish, pay attention to details and be proactive.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Grassroots outreach efforts
- Giving presentations to small and large groups
- Coordinating, scheduling and staffing public events
- Writing content for presentations and other materials
- Responding to requests for campaign involvement
- Managing inventory and resources for events, such as giveaways, display items and collateral materials
- Coordinating with other local public and private safety campaigns
- Seeking outreach and sponsorship opportunities for the campaign
- Finding presentation opportunities throughout Utah
- Travel throughout the state for presentations and events
Complete training on all aspects of the campaign will be provided.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, entry-level position. The coordinator is needed as soon as possible to handle immediate needs. Position is based in Salt Lake City and will include travel throughout the state for presentations as well as some evening and weekend work.
Requirements include: A bachelor’s degree and highly skilled at verbal and written communication. Ability to be proactive and work independently. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential. Must be able to meet deadlines, and multitask. Preference given to those with a background in community health.
All positions are full-time, with competitive compensation, medical benefits (health/dental/life/LTD insurance), paid vacation, 401(k) w/ employer match and profit sharing.
We like our employees to have fun and be creative. We hold company events throughout the year including monthly birthday celebrations, a family Lagoon day, a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving bowl-fet, and a Christmas party. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make Penna Powers a fun place to work and learn in a team environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, we will keep your resume and information on file for consideration for upcoming positions.