Penna Powers is an integrated communications agency doing work that matters for a broad list of clients in the Intermountain West. We are looking for a Social Media Strategist to join our team and will be a pivotal member of the agency’s Content and Creative group.
The Content Marketing Strategist leads all of the agency’s social media efforts and oversees social media specialists on different accounts. The Content Marketing Strategist must understand and have experience in content creation, community management, social media marketing, social media planning and all other facets of the digital social media space.
This position will work collaboratively with our Digital Media Planner, Creative Director, Designers, Copywriters and Public Relations Department to ensure the full integration of social media into all clients’ strategies and approaches.
A summary of responsibilities includes (but is not limited to):
- Oversee all social media efforts for clients and agency.
- Develop and implement, or support the implementation of social media strategic plans, ensuring all content aligns with clients’ brand strategy and style. Track, analyze and report on results.
- Provide everything from high-level strategic planning and guidance to tactical implementation for clients including strategy/placement data for creative presentations.
- In addition to strategic oversight role, serve as day-to-day client contact on specific accounts, which includes client content creation, community management and other duties which may include managing and coordinating in-house shoots with Content and Creative Teams
- Work with Content Project Manager to manage client content plans and calendars. Will also be involved in standardizing content calendars (two-months out) and perfecting workflow for the Content Team.
- Work closely with other client team members—including account services, strategy, project management and creative—to ensure understanding of client expectations, processes and timelines.
- Prepare client point-of-views and recommendations (including unasked for recommendations).
- Research emerging tools, vet their application and make recommendations for clients and agency.
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of social media rules and regulations.
- Monitor best practices from other brands and educate team on potential application for clients. Inspire/excite the agency employees and evangelize content by communicating potential trends and innovations.
- Manage client content retainer budgets.
- Engage and offer/accept feedback from team members.
- At least four years of experience (agency experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as communication, marketing, journalism or public relations.
- Demonstrated success in social media management and strategy development for multiple clients and campaigns.
- Familiarity with Sprout, eMarketer, Scarborough and other platforms.
- Self-starter and ability to manage others and lead accounts with confidence and professionalism.
Position is full-time, and compensation package includes medical benefits (health/dental/life/LTD insurance), paid vacation, 401k with employer match and profit sharing.
We like our employees to have fun and be creative. We hold company events throughout the year including monthly birthday celebrations, annual volunteer work day, family Lagoon Day, axe throwing competition, a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving bowl-fet, and a Christmas party. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make Penna Powers a fun place to work and learn in a team environment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, we will keep your resume and information on file for consideration for upcoming positions.