Penna Powers is an integrated communications agency doing work that matters for a broad list of clients in the Intermountain West. We are seeking a Communications Coordinator to oversee projects for a major client for our agency. If you like to manage details, build relationships, laugh at work and make a difference in the world, we want to hear from you.
- Manage and coordinates communication of travel and related efforts in a winter recreation area.
- Establish strategic protocols for transportation related coordination and communications, along with goal setting and evaluation.
- Educate the public on how and where to receive the most up to date transportation related information in a winter recreation area.
- Primary point of contact for transportation related information
- Monitors communication channels and social media accounts
- Executes predetermined protocols for emergency, closure, maintenance, traffic, weather etc.
- Posts updates to social media and distributes to partners
- Manages interagency coordination meetings
- Preparation and attendance at coordination meetings
- Sets goals in the fall and evaluates goal performance in the spring
- Provide communications report including suggested improvements
- Manages public education campaign
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include 8+ hour workdays during winter conditions
- Passion for winter sports activities
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience managing and creating content for non-personal social media channels, including Twitter
- Experience using Goggle Suite of applications
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders and build strong relationships
- Experience with operations or dispatch desired but not required
Position is full-time for the period August 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020 with the possibility of becoming an on-going, full-time position. The compensation package includes medical benefits (health/dental/life/LTD insurance), paid vacation, 401k with employer match and profit sharing.
We like our employees to have fun and be creative. We hold company events throughout the year including monthly birthday celebrations, a family Lagoon day, a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving bowl-fet, and a Christmas party. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make Penna Powers a fun place to work and learn in a team environment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, we will keep your resume and information on file for consideration for upcoming positions.
Job Type: Full-time, temporary