Penna Powers is seeking a dynamic and outgoing person to fill the Outreach Specialist position for a number of high-profile clients in Utah. The position requires the ability to communicate well with large and small groups, multitask, see assignments through from start to finish, pay attention to details and be proactive. Preference given to candidates with degrees or experience in health education, health promotion, communications studies, public relations or marketing.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Giving both in person presentations and virtual webinars to small and large groups
- Flexibility in schedule, having presentations/webinars that could be at all times of the day, including morning or evening
- Coordinating, scheduling and staffing public events
- Responding to requests for campaign involvement
- Managing inventory and resources for events, such as giveaways, display items and collateral materials
- Coordinating with other local public and private partners and safety campaigns
- Seeking outreach and sponsorship opportunities for the campaign
- Finding presentation opportunities throughout the state
- Writing content for presentations and other materials
- Occasional travel throughout the state for presentations and events
- Gathering and helping to write and produce content for social media channels
- Working with elementary, middle and high school students in a variety of capacities – assemblies, events, coordination, etc.
- Experience presenting to a variety of large and small groups
- Demonstrated public speaking ability
- Technical ability to create presentations as needed
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Must be able to meet deadlines, and multitask
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus
This is a full-time, entry-level position, needed as soon as possible. The compensation package includes starting salary of $40,000 [negotiable], travel reimbursement, medical benefits (health/dental/life/LTD insurance), paid vacation, 401(k) with employer match and profit sharing. Penna Powers takes all necessary precautions for health and safety and as such, teleworking options may be available for this position.
We like our employees to have fun and be creative. We hold company events throughout the year including monthly birthday celebrations, half-day Fridays during the summer, annual volunteering day, family Lagoon Day, summer BBQs, a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving bowl-fet, and a Christmas party. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make Penna Powers a fun place to work and learn in a team environment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, we will keep your resume and information on file for consideration for upcoming positions.